YUMBOX Lunchbox Sizes: Your guide to choosing the best size.
- by Elle J Team
Well it's that time of year when parents and carers are making the confusing decision as to what is the best lunchbox to send with their child to daycare, kindy or school with.
Who would have thought such a simple thing could pose so many confusing questions and the fear of 'getting it wrong' is on par with life changing events like 'should we buy a house' or 'should I quit my job and have another child'. Ok, that might be a bit extreme but you get my drift.
Looking for a kids lunchbox to hold your little ones snacks, morning tea or lunches does something strange to us as humans. Here at Elle J, we observed hundreds of parents and carers, go through the same process each year. And we are hear to tell you your days of confusion over a 'lunchbox' are over.
You see, the main thing that confuses parents is not knowing which size lunchbox to buy. Why? at Elle J, we know what parents want, they want:
1. FLEXIBILITY: The ability to pack different things on different days, because hey, who likes to eat the same thing day in and day out?
There are certainly other factors, but this is by far the most important.
Because of this, we have chosen only to carry the Yumbox range of kids lunchboxes.
Yumbox have created an amazing range, with 3 different sizes available, and it is one of the most popular and influential lunchboxes on the market today.
Designed by Mums, they have a clever design that is not only stylish but super practical!
So which size should I choose?
Mini Snack: is great for storing little snacks or morning tea for babies through to prep/early primary school.
Original: is a great for toddlers to primary school age kids who like to graze and have a variety of smaller options.
Panino: is a great option when sandwiches and wraps are the main part of the meal. Usually this is around kindy/prep through primary school.
Tapas 4: is great for primary school age kids/teens/adults.
Tapas 5: is great for babies/toddlers where you have to pack morning tea and lunch in the same lunchbox or primary school age kids/teens/adults.
So why are Yumboxes so fantastic to use as your child's lunchbox? Here's 10 more reasons why you will love them.
1. Yumboxes are based around storing bite sized pieces of food. We think they are like small portable versions of a grazing plate. This style of eating is fantastic for children of all ages as it allows for variety, and is especially good for those fussy eaters or children with sensory issues who don't like their foods touching.
2. All Yumboxes have a leakproof lid. The silicone seal in the lid seals perfectly around the divides of the internal tray. Meaning you can pack wet foods, like dips (or thicker foods, ie yoghurt), right beside crackers and carrot sticks and know it won't leak through.
3. They make eating lunch quick and easy. When at kindy and school, kids just want to eat their snacks fast so they can get as much play time out of their morning tea or lunch break. With all their snacks cut into bit sized pieces, all they need to do is open the container and tuck in.
4. Yumbox helps develop independance and choice making skills around food. Yumboxes are super easy for children to open themselves and they eliminate fiddly packets and plastic wrap which can be difficult to for children to open unassisted. This also contributes to a significant reduction in rubbish throughout the school yard.
5. They are great value for money as they are versatile and can be used over and over for many years. They are ideal for babies first foods through to school age kids.
6. Save time in the morning, by preparing lunches the night before. The Yumbox leakproof seal also helps keep foods fresh. Many Yumbox mums have multiple containers so they can prepare up to 2 and 3 days in advance.
7. Yumbox is also not just for kids. Are you a busy parent or carer looking to simplify your snacks and meals, by pre-preparing them and watching your portion sizes at the same time? Yumbox is fantastic for those on a weighloss journey also.
8. Yumbox encourage healthy eating. There is a world wide community of Yumbox lovers who share amazing ideas and recipes for packing a healthy snack or lunch. So you will never be short of an idea when it comes to what to pack for school lunches.
9. Yumbox are also BPA-Free, Phthalates-free and are CPSIA and FDA compliant.
10. Yumbox Mini Snacks are great to use while travelling. They are compact and easily fit in a handbag or nappy bag so you have snacks on the go.
- Yumbox is dishwasher safe. Top rack only. We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell and/or removing it before the heat dry cycle. Yumbox has been tested at temperature 65C/149F, 110 min. cycle. Yumbox is made with ABS (exterior box), Tritan (tray), and silicone (seal). Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
- Special Care Instructions for the silicone seal: Be sure to empty left over contents each day. Wash with warm soapy water and ensure your Yumbox is thoroughly dry before storing. If you live in a damp or humid location, we recommend to store your Yumboxes open.
- Yumboxes (both shell and tray) are not suitable for microwave use. They are for the storing or room temperature or refridgerated foods. Note: Yumboxes themselves are not insulated, so if you are packing foods requiring refridgeration, they will need to be stored in the fridge or in an appropriate insulated bag with an ice brick.