As much as they say breastfeeding is a natural thing, those who have been there know that it is not always easy and sometimes nature needs a little hand.
Franjo’s Kitchen Tanker Toppers are nourishing and delicious lactation cookies. They are packed with natural galactagogues* such as oats, brewers yeast and flaxseeds which can all aid in the increase of your milk supply while breastfeeding. They also contain the superfood’s chia seeds, coconut oil and buckwheat flour, keeping you full and passing on good vitamins, minerals & good fats to your baby.
The Choc Chip flavour is our BEST SELLER from the entire Franjo's Kitchen range. Just because you are breastfeeding doesn't mean you can't enjoy some choc chip goodness!
Franjo’s Kitchen Choc Chip Lactation Cookies are
- Wheat Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- No Refined Sugar
- 14 Biscuits per tin
Franjo's Kitchen co-founder and Naturopath Jo, specifically chose the ingredients they use in their lactation cookie range to help breastfeeding mums meet their nutritional needs during such a demanding time. They understand that most new mothers barely have time to take a sip of their cold tea let alone prepare something nutritious for themselves, so they wanted to make something easy and convenient.
Franjo’s are great to have packed in your hospital bag, especially if you are having a c-section. C-sections have been known to have a negative impact on establishing your milk production, so every little thing you can do to give it a boost along can help.
- Need milk? Our key ‘galactogogue’ ingredients are brewers yeast, oats and flaxseeds. Each have their own reputation to boost breast milk supply.
- Tired? Brewers yeast and oats contain B group vitamins and iron found to help boost energy.
- Sugar cravings out of control? Brewer's yeast contains high amounts of the nutrient chromium which helps to balance blood sugar levels.
- The bioflavonoid rutin found in buckwheat as well as the decent protein levels found in buckwheat, flaxseeds, chia seeds and brewers yeast our Tanker Toppers may assist repairing the body’s cells post partum trauma.
- Franjo's biscuits are also full of ingredients beneficial for bowel health including fibre and good fats.
- Franjo's are believers in limiting dairy and wheat in one’s diet. So for good health they also meet the needs of those who are intolerant to these foods. Being egg and honey free they also tick the box for vegans too.
Full Ingredient List: Australian oats, organic buckwheat flour, organic coconut oil, organic coconut sugar, organic maple syrup, dark compound chocolate chips (8%) (sugar, vegetable fat, cocoa powder, emulsifier [soy lecithin], vanilla flavour), brewer’s yeast, flaxseed meal, natural vanilla extract, chia seeds, citrus fibre, salt, bicarbonate of soda, water.
When should I have them?
It is recommended to have up to 3 per day in the first 3 days of having them and then reduce to 1-2 per day as needed.
- Having an elective c-section or induction? Start taking them during the week prior. This will introduce the key ingredients into your system.
- The week prior to your due date or once you have given birth.
- If you feel you have low supply in the afternoons/early evening.
- If you are following things like Wonder Weeks. Take them in the week prior to a growth spurt.
- If baby is unwell and is feeding more. Lactation cookies can help give you the extra nourishment you need to keep up with the extra feeding.
It is also recommended during the above times that you are drinking enough water and eating healthy diet. It is also important to breastfeed or express regularly, and to see your Midwife or Doctor if you have any concerns.
*‘Galactogugue’ is a Greek word for substances that promotes lactation.
Produced on equipment that makes gluten, nut & dairy products.
If you live in a warm or tropical climate where it gets quite humid it is best to store the cookies in the fridge as they are preservative free.