Are you planning to have or have just had a c-section to welcome your precious new bundle/bundles into the world? Are you concerned about your recovery and what you should wear post-surgery?
Designed in collaboration with leading obstetricians and midwives specifically to aid in the recovery of c-section deliveries, Cantaloop C-Section Briefs are a must-have for every mother who delivers via c-section.
They offer an amazing range of benefits from:
- providing light compression which can assist in the reduction of swelling.
- supporting your incision area to reduce discomfort when moving while keeping dressings in place.
- no irritation to scar area as they are high waisted
- they are made from beautifully soft fabric with the inclusion of a unique C-Satin fabric panel which covers the incision area. This technologically advanced fabric stops stitches, staples and beads which may have been used to close the incision from snagging and causing pain.
- the fabric is breathable. Allowing air to circulate around the wound during recovery which aids in the healing process.
- they offer a wide and supportive gusset to help keep your maternity pads in place during those first few weeks post-birth.
- They are also designed to be worn as your underwear, not as a second layer.
When should I start wearing them?
As soon as possible post-surgery. An ideal time is when you have your first shower, as the midwives can assist in dressing you. They can also be worn if you still have a catheter in place.
How long should you wear them for?
Most women wear them up to 4-6 weeks post birth at a minimum. Usually by your 6-week post-natal check you are usually significantly recovered and you can discuss with your Doctor about transitioning into the next stage of recovery shapewear which will provide a firmer level of compression and support as a part of your recovery.
Who else are c-section briefs good for?
C-section briefs also provide the same level of comfort to women who are recovering from hysterectomies and surgery for conditions such as endometriosis.
How do I know my size?
Please refer to our size guide tab. If you are unsure at all with regards to sizing please contact us and our friendly team can help determine the best size option for you.
When should I purchase my c-section briefs?
We recommend purchasing them around 2 weeks or so prior to your c-section delivery date.
How many pairs should I get?
We recommend a minimum of 3-4 pairs. These will be your primary underwear for at least 6 weeks post birth and you will need to have a good volume on rotation. From those in the know and who have used these previously, we regularly send out orders of 6-7 pairs at a time.
What is the fabric made out of?
The fabric is a special blend of polyamide (or polyester) and elastane to give them a silky feel.
The polyamide provides a soft, smooth finish, while the elastane ensures optimal support and fit. The result is breathable, quick-drying fabric that adapts to the body’s changing shape, by expanding and contracting.
91% Polyamide 9% Elastane and latex free.
- Dispatch: Order by 1pm AEST Monday to Friday for GUARANTEED same day dispatch
- $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping Australia Wide
- FREE standard shipping on orders over $125
- Australia wide delivery with Australia Post
- All orders dispatched from our warehouse store in Townsville, Queensland 4814
- Express shipping available
- All orders shipping with tracking information.
Choosing the right size is important for a comfortable and supportive fit.
To find your size, take a hip measurement on the widest part of your hips and under your tummy.
If you fall between the increments below go up a size. ie a hip measurement of 105cm would be a Medium.
If you are unsure of your sizing and would like further assistance please contact us and we can assist you further.