As much as they say breastfeeding is a natural thing, those who have been there know that it is not always easy and sometimes nature needs a little hand.
Franjo’s Kitchen Tanker Toppers are nourishing and delicious lactation cookies. And Franjo's have produced an extra special formulation that is both Gluten Free and Vegan friendly.
They are packed with super foods like quinoa, teff, coconut oil, chia, flaxseeds and buckwheat. These gluten-free Tanker Toppers will provide you with much-needed energy and support a healthy milk supply, while keeping you full and passing on good vitamins, minerals & good fats to your baby.
The Gluten Free Choc Chip Tanker Toppers are a favourite amongst coeliacs and those wanting to reduce their gluten intake.
Franjo’s Kitchen Choc Chip Lactation Cookies are
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- No Refined Sugar
- Vegan Friendly
- Coeliac Friendly
- 14 Biscuits per tin
Franjo's Kitchen co-founder and Naturopath Jo, specifically chose the ingredients they use in their lactation cookie range to help breastfeeding mums meet their nutritional needs during such a demanding time. They understand that most new mothers barely have time to take a sip of their cold tea let alone prepare something nutritious for themselves, so they wanted to make something easy and convenient.
Franjo’s are great to have packed in your hospital bag, especially if you are having a c-section. C-sections have been known to have a negative impact on establishing your milk production, so every little thing you can do to give it a boost along can help.
- Need milk? One key ‘galactogogue’ ingredient is brewers yeast which can help increase breast milk supply.
- Tired? Brewers yeast contains B group vitamins and iron found to help boost energy.
- Sugar cravings out of control? Brewer's yeast contains high amounts of the nutrient chromium which helps to balance blood sugar levels.
- The bioflavonoid rutin found in buckwheat as well as the decent protein levels found in buckwheat, chia seeds and brewers yeast our Tanker Toppers may assist repairing the body’s cells post partum trauma.
- Franjo's biscuits are also full of ingredients beneficial for bowel health including fibre and good fats.
- Franjo's are believers in limiting dairy and wheat in one’s diet. So for good health they also meet the needs of those who are intolerant to these foods. Being egg and honey free they also tick the box for vegans too.
Full Ingredient List: Gluten-free flour mix (organic buckwheat, teff), organic coconut oil, organic coconut sugar, organic maple syrup, organic shredded coconut, choc chips (9%) (sugar, vegetable fat, cocoa powder [14% cocoa solids]), emulsifier (soy lecithin), vanilla flavour, organic quinoa flakes, flaxseeds, chia seeds, gluten free brewer’s yeast, bicarbonate of soda, water.
When should I have them?
It is recommended to have up to 3 per day in the first 3 days of having them and then reduce to 1-2 per day as needed.
- Having an elective c-section or induction? Start taking them during the week prior. This will introduce the key ingredients into your system.
- The week prior to your due date or once you have given birth.
- If you feel you have low supply in the afternoons/early evening.
- If you are following things like Wonder Weeks. Take them in the week prior to a growth spurt.
- If baby is unwell and is feeding more. Lactation cookies can help give you the extra nourishment you need to keep up with the extra feeding.
It is also recommended during the above times that you are drinking enough water and eating healthy diet. It is also important to breastfeed or express regularly, and to see your Midwife or Doctor if you have any concerns.
Produced on equipment that makes gluten, nut & dairy products.
If you live in a warm or tropical climate where it gets quite humid it is best to store the cookies in the fridge as they are preservative free.
- Dispatch: Order by 1pm AEST Monday to Friday for GUARANTEED same day dispatch
- $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping Australia Wide
- FREE standard shipping on orders over $125
- Australia wide delivery with Australia Post
- All orders dispatched from our warehouse store in Townsville, Queensland 4814
- Express shipping available
- All orders shipping with tracking information.